LR or Dry rock new build

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by leigh, Oct 15, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

Canada has a CraigsList, right?

Have you tried to look on there for people breaking down a tank, etc.?

It's usually local and cheaper, but sometimes your timing has to be a bit lucky.

2. Click Here!

3. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Agree 100% Personally wouldn't go any other route then the BRS dry Pukani. No pests of any kind. Great rock hands down! Almost 2yrs later and still no HA!! Lol

4. leigh

leigh Flamingo Tongue

2 weekends ago I ended up going to a warehouse store and I picked up 110 pounds of Marco rock

Great stuff and very light I filled a full box and I assumed it would be etleast 100 pounds turned out to be 70 so then I got a little more

Aquascaping was alot easier than Fiji live Rock IMO and my tank still doesn't have water in it so it was definetly essential to go with the dry rock

Currently tank has lights hung, stand made tank aquascaped, electrical done, Wednesday I will be picking up the glass that is being cut for my 75g tank I purchased for sump fuge, once I finish the sump then I will plum the tank. Last I will fill with rodi water check for leaks ect then add the salt and get the cycle going lol

I'm hoping to start adding water early next week

5. junior279

junior279 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I used dry rock from BRS and reefcleaners and seeded it with Dr. tims on and only bacteria. My tank cycled in about 10 days.