Low on Money...

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

pepperoni? XD I like red pepper on mine ;D

2. Click Here!

3. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

i use it to trade for corals around town mostly...and to attach frags to when propogating....once in a while someone on here will hit me up for a box, which i usually send for $40. Cuz it is not fun pick axing rock out of the earth in 100degree heat of summer....buuuuut i dont go out in the cold..lol

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

[​IMG] ugly isnt it? XD

1 person likes this.
  5. damon

damon Sea Dragon

Not saying I'd turn down the rock offer because I would go for it, but I really encourage you to keep trying to building with your rock too. You can build something nice out of just about anything if you keep trying, and you will be better at aquascaping and feel more accomplished if you do. You really do need some way of holding the rocks in a way you want them even if they are nice pieces, you don't want to loose live stock from a rock shift. one arch I really like was made by drilling holes in the rock and stringing them on an acrylic rod, and caves are really easy with a few dots of glue.

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

yeah that sounds natural LOL now damn it let me eat my pizza; im so anxious to seen what you guys have to say XD

7. damon

damon Sea Dragon

I don't think that's too bad, I might take a rock or two and brake it with a hammer and punch so that you have a few odd shapes to work with. I see what you mean that you don't have a lot to work with, but I think you can make something.

8. Click Here!

9. Kevin3884

not really...u just need some "shapeier" rocks to fill in because ur rocks are more round...

10. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

ehh i personally dont like'm; i still cant find a way to work with these rocks

11. Kevin3884

if u ever re-consider let me know I have some pieces that would make that tank look pimp..lol

12. patrick824

patrick824 Montipora Digitata

hey I havent read through the thread, but i used to be in a situation like yours (and kinda still am) but i want to give back tot he reef community. i would be willing to give you around 25 lbs of good quality dry rock that I have immaculately cleaned in a 4 week bleach, vinegar, water soak process about a year ago. if your interested ill throw up some pictures and quote you on shipping because i cant cover that... let me know

1 person likes this.