Low on Money...

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. gfoot2000

gfoot2000 Flamingo Tongue

ya here in california you cant even work till your 16 and you need a school work permit if your under 18.

what happened to your rocks from b4? imo your way too young(or poor) for saltwater. it cost even more when you skim thru with low budget stuff.

your only 14, and as much as it suck to hear that but i think it hurts us more when we hear fish cuz reefers werent ready to take care of the fish. i took down my tank 2 weeks ago and gave all my fish to my frients cuz im going awayfor 2 years for SDSU, when im ready ill start back up again.

2. Click Here!

3. Sacul1573

Sacul1573 Millepora

Have you thought about looking on Craiglist or the local classifieds? There always seems to be people getting rid of live rock for cheap (less than $2 per lb), and everyone takes cash.

If your in a fairly restrained situation, sometimes it helps to be more flexible with your expectations. :)

4. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

what about macking your own pieces, it takes forever but its cheeper and you can make alot of it.

5. mvp

mvp Astrea Snail

well you could do what i did(im 16) i did chores around the hose every week and made about 75 a month, sold all my video game systems, and only ask money for christmas. right now i have around 1,600 for my 3 reef tanks, this money will most likely supply me for quiet sometime, but this took around 6 months to save up doing chores and work and selling things i dont use. i also finally got my interview for my local fish store, so im hoping ill get that job. also do diy projects instead of buying the expsenive stuff; i made 3 of my own sumps. also try not to buy new, like i bought 2 of my 3 tanks off craiglist for about 70% of the price if it were brand new, and i also bought off of ebay which is relatively cheaper then any other online supplier.

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

is that an insult? :angry: IM NOT TOO YOUNG OR POOR FOR SALTWATER. and i know how to take care of fish; the only reason my first fish died was because i didnt QT.

7. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

all i need is rock which im hoping to get from reefcleaners; i have most of the other stuff, and livestock and corals isnt even coming yet; i just wanna get the rock in there, make an aquascape for corals and fish and something thats pleasing to the eye, and then start with livestock

8. Click Here!

9. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

You don't really have to QT fish if you get them from a healthy source, I never QT my fish and my fish tank is thriving. I know when I have to QT a fish like a mandarin and those hard to keep fish.

10. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

yeah but my LFS sucks at taking care of fish; they kept tangs with a clarkii that had popeye....

11. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

I mean....You could work the corner? sell some drugs? you know, work with the gangs at your school? thats what i do when im in need of some cash......

NOO!!! jk jk jk jk! dont do that haha!

Trust me dude, being our age sucks at getting money most of the time, just wait until you work up some cash, try and rake some leaves or something.

12. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

ehh i get no allowance either... Well I guess i could sell some drugs... maybe some cocaine and heroin... YEAH RIGHT! XD Well I do have cash but my dad won't let me spend it cuz he thinks its a waste... myabe i shudve changed the title of the thread, but those are some pretty good ideas for supplies too