Low on Money...

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Dec 28, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well I've already formulated a few steps to getting my tank back on its feet but the only problem is money unfortunately. I had come into the hobby prepared and knew it would be expensive but after a few problems including the leak, my dad decided that he wouldn't really bother with my tank anymore. I have some money like about $100 but I don't think he'll let me order stuff like dry rock online. so I guess I'm kind of stuck; anyone have any suggestions?

2. Click Here!

3. crank2211

crank2211 Purple Spiny Lobster

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

He won't let me get a job either XD he says I'm too young and that I'll have time for a job when I'm older

5. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

walmart->buy prepaid credit card ????? WIN

6. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

umm excuse me for being an @$$ but ummm... what exactly is that? XD

7. damon

damon Sea Dragon

your serious your dad won't let you get a job? I think you need to get some teachers and people on your side about that one because there are so many reasons it's a good lesson for a kid to have a job. I mean what better way to know you can balance work and school in collage than be able to help you learn how to deal with it in high school? learning to budget and balance work/fun are two of the hardest lessons in life and they are lessons you will not just learn from school.

8. Click Here!

9. Bloodkip

Bloodkip Ritteri Anemone

You said you have $100. Go to walmart and buy one of those visa gift cards that you can use online, it looks like a credit card.

10. Zoban

Zoban Skunk Shrimp

Supposed to be 18 for those .. least in Canada anyway

11. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

hold on now i agree about the job thing because correct me if im wrong but after highschool dont you work untile your like 60 LOL

as far as money goes the prepaid card have a 5 dollar charge when you buy them so if you only have a 100 itll only be 95 after you buy the card.

12. crank2211

crank2211 Purple Spiny Lobster

Bummer.

I guess just stick with what you've got for now. Do your best to maintain what you have going and don't splurge on extra equipment and livestock. Maybe sell some old equipment and video games for extra cash. Have a yard sale in spring.

Work hard on trying to get a part time job. I delivered papers when I was 14, worked out great. You finish up your route before school starts for the day and collect on the weekends so it doesn't get in the way.