Loud "Clicking" in tank

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by GjB, Nov 26, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

I wouldn't worry about that too much. I've kept mantis in my reef tanks and fish in my mantis species nano's (and I usually keep the larger species that get to be 6~8 inches long). Depending on the species, shrimp are at risk and certain snails will be. One time I had a Smithii that was determined to eat a turbo snail. Well, he wasn't going to get through that shell in a million years. It was hilarious.

2. Click Here!

3. GjB

GjB Skunk Shrimp

Lol, that must have been amusing to watch.

4. GjB

GjB Skunk Shrimp

What are mantis' favorite foods that are common (so I can find them at my LFS on my way home today)? I want something really smelly for bait so probably some raw shrimp of some sort. Any ideas?

I have to try the bait & trap technique since pulling all of the LR out of my tank (while trying not to scratch the glass) is my last resort. He has been found hiding in most of the LR in my tank so I'm not going to get far by taking pieces of LR out and flooding them with club soda. When I grab a rock, he will just jump into another.

Another reason I don't want to resort to taking all of my LR out is because 2 of my pieces have very active orange (large) sponges and upside-down (large) clam/oyster looking things that open and close constantly. My sponges open and close their mouths all of the time too. I don't want to risk killing them.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  5. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Try something that is larger and will stay in the trap and not float out. Frozen Formula 1 by Ocean Nutrition, Frozen Krill, Clams on the half shell, etc.

6. GjB

GjB Skunk Shrimp

Will do. Thank you