Looks like it's time to start over

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by CodyW, Dec 12, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. CodyW

CodyW Spaghetti Worm

I SCRATCHED MY TANK!!!!!!!!!!

Our beautiful oceanic cube (that wasn't cheap) has a huge scratch down the entire front pane.

I did it with the mag float, somehow it got sand on the outside peice and tore the glass a new one :mad: :mad: :mad:

It's impossible to miss... I would say lesson learned but this isn't a lesson, it's more like torture!! And yes I'm pouting...borderline crying :bawling:

Well the magfloat is in the trash, i'll be sticking to plastic scrapers from now on.

At least now I can get a cube....

2. Click Here!

3. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Outside ? If I read this correctly just get some jewelers rouge and a drimmel and buff it out .. Hell even old DuPont fine rubbing compound will do on glass the rouge is for acrylic Now if its on the inside thats a bigger problem Look at Home depot or do a search for glass scratch buffing kits cheap and easy to do. Call a local glass shop if you are not up to it ? They will also buff them out.

1 person likes this.
  4. CodyW

CodyW Spaghetti Worm

The bad scratch is on the outside, I don't mind buffing it, I guess that's an option I didn't consider during my fit of rage. Anything I should consider before buffing?

There are also some scratches on the inside that I noticed because they're starting to fill in with coraline.

I still may go with the cube, maybe it was a blessing in disguise. I love the hex, but a shallow cube (not really a cube) is my dream. 3'LX3'WX1'H drilled with polished edges and starfire glass, I might get that priced this week, I think i'm over the hex and the scratch did me in.

5. jtReef

jtReef Ritteri Anemone

Sorry to hear about the loss.
    Looks like you will have a fun new project though with the new tank :)