Looking for post on DIY pvc overflow

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by ping, Jan 22, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ping

ping Plankton

While suffering from insomnia a few nights back I stumbled on a DIY post about a PVC pipe type of overflow to my sump. I would like to build this, however I am unable to find this post again. I do not even remember what Internet site I saw this on. Any help or links would be appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

4. ping

ping Plankton

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Wow. That's the most convoluted overflow I've ever seen! :eek:

6. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

I read most of the zillion pages and still don't get it.
    But if it works more power to him. Only on RC.

J

7. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

[quote author=Jason McKenzie link=board=DIY;num=1106428329;start=0#4 date=01/31/05 at 23:52:22]I read most of the zillion pages and still don't get it.  
    But if it works more power to him.  Only on RC.

J[/quote]

Jason,

Fairly typical IMO, make the easy as complicated as possible LOL, I often refer to that site a Reef slightly right of Central :) No offense intended :)

John

8. Click Here!

9. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

[quote author=JohnO link=board=DIY;num=1106428329;start=0#5 date=02/01/05 at 01:48:25]

Jason,

Fairly typical IMO, make the easy as complicated as possible LOL, I often refer to that site a Reef slightly right of Central :)  No offense intended :)

John
    [/quote]

;D [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laughy.gif] [smiley=laughy.gif] Post there often, get "moderated" often. Simply no fun. Those mods [smiley=helmet.gif] have there own hand shake and funny walk ;D I post there often actually, but only in the club forums and the SPS forum. The SPS forum gets pretty out of hand though, I just like to see the flavors of the week.

As for that overflow, OMG [smiley=laughy.gif] I bet it works though. Actually, I kinda like it. For his purpose, and possiably lack of tools, it solved the problem. I push way to much water thru my OF's that his method would mean 2"+ size pvc inside my tanks. Besides, I can drill glass and acrylic, build my own OF's boxes and mod pretty much anything I touch.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

If you look towards the back of that thread you will see a much easier overflow to construct ;)

I made this last noight and it works fine when i simulated power outages!!!!

Just my 2 cents worth!

Levi

11. Plan2Build

Plan2Build Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

The last time I saw a design like that was when I purchased a crazy straw for my daughter!!! It would seem to me that with so many turns, that flow might be somewhat restricted........

P2B

12. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

It looks like a M. C. Esher drawing!