looking for a little support

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by zjpeter, Apr 26, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Dr. Bergeron

Dr. Bergeron Peppermint Shrimp

I just started a new diet myself. I used to be around 220 but got down to about 170 with portion control and exercise. I was able to bike to work, so I was getting 45 mins of exercise, twice a day, 5 days a week! it was great. Highly recommend biking to work if you can. Due to a move I'm beyond biking distance and have gotten back up to around 210 over 15 months of time or so.

Remember to switch up what you're doing for exercise as well. Eventually your body will get adjusted to the same routine over and over again. Also, pushups are your friend. Start doing as many as you can, twice a day.

It looks like everything you're doing and all the advice you've gotten is on the right track. As far as some of my personal favorite things to eat while on a diet go:
    Grilled chicken breast (skinless boneless) with tobasco sauce on it - self explanatory
    (Frozen) Mixed vegetables with some spicy adobo on them. (i'm assuming you know how to make vegetables here)
    brown rice - Brown or wild rices are your best bet here, as they are the most easily processed by your body
    Vegetable soup - fat free chicken broth, some water, can of wax beans, okra, your favorite herbs (basil, rosemary), some hot sauce, can of diced potatoes, green beans (any other green vegetables you want to put in there). Bring to boil then let simmer for about 45 minutes. It's done once the potatoes are done. This makes an awesome leftover as well.

Also, go easy on your fiber intake if you feel it's too much. Men's and women's fiber needs are different. Anything more than 1 poop a day and you're overdoing it probably.

Let me know if you're looking for some good weight-lifting routines. Used to be REALLY big into weight lifting in college. 10-14 times per week for almost a year.

2. Click Here!

3. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

yeah doesn't that cause earthquakes?

:D

4. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: I heard a rumor to that effect :lol:

5. Craft kid21

Craft kid21 Banned

AWWW mmmmmaaannn lol lol jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk jk;)

6. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

If your working out, remember muscle DOES weigh more than fat, and if your body hasnt had any kind of exercise, then, when you do start lifting and such, it will build muscle pretty fast, which is why you probably wont see a significant weight loss until week 3 or so, then it should start melting ;)

7. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

I know I'm new and all... but all this time I thought you were a guy!! Good to know part of the 3reef moderation team has the female touch.

How's that progressing zjpeter?

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: Yeah, I get that a lot :lol:

10. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

alright, it's update monday! i've been doing more lifting this week but have been treating it like cardio if that makes sense. i do cycle lifting with light weights and high reps and i'm completely shot after 30 minutes.

my wife has been very supportive as always, baking muffins and buying ice cream, but i'm staying strong, guys! last night i made pineapple steak kabobs with a pineapple ginger glaze, served over rice. wow, being healthy never tasted so good! (the grill is my friend)

current weight: 232 (i lost three pounds! woot!)

also, this is the start of week three which means that next week is picture update week. a big part of my motivation is lingering fear that i post a pic every three weeks so i better stay the course

11. divott

divott Giant Squid

excellent work peter. good to hear things are going well for you. stay the course man. :)

12. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

Agreed! I am back on my wagon too and am seeing some improvements. Thanks for being such an inspiration :)