looking for a little support

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by zjpeter, Apr 26, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. benbabcock

benbabcock Bubble Tip Anemone

all i can say is that if you have realized you're not happy with the way you look or feel and you have decided to do something proactive about it you have my full support.

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

:lol: Are you kidding? I'm a 40 year old female who just had a baby 1.5 years ago. If I ate something greasy and/or fatty, it would go straight to my tuckus :lol:

4. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

Not to get too "tmi" but be sure to eat Fiber One SPARINGLY.....especially if you are not used to it.
    That 57% fiber serving is serious business if you get my drift.

It's an excellent product - because it does what it is supposed to - but if one is not too careful, too much of a good thing quickly becomes, well....not so good :)

Your food list sounds good. Why don't we all hop on the wagon with you and show up around the time you fire up the grill?

I just cant wait til early summer comes and we can start getting fresh produce at roadside stands for tons cheaper than the grocery stores - that is a huge help too.

:)

(ps: i LOVE Fresca too! I cannot keep it in the house either.)

5. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

don't throw out the pizza! home made pizza can be an awesome diet food.

can make the crust from whole wheat and keep it thin. You control the toppings and amount of cheese.

We've gotten to making at least a pizza a week. all kinds of toppings and combinations can go on... very healthy choices too. Very easy way to increase veggie consumption. be creative with home made pizza.

6. Kevin3884

Kevin3884 Tassled File Fish

Note the things I put in red...
    1. The soda..go cold turkey man...cut it completely, your body will thank you I promise..Diet sodas use artificial sweeteners which can be just as bad for you as anything.
    2. Iced Tea...make sure you like it without sugar...try to develop a taste for plain old Green Tea...its good for you and has metabolic advantages, and it will wake you up too!
    3. Any amount of miracle whip is too much miracle whip..if you must have a mayo, get the regular mayo LIGHT and made with olive oil..but only use even a little bit of that...i reccommend making the avacodo into a paste and using it instead of a mayo..avacodos are natures way of saying ur welcome.
    4. A date night to eat whatever you want is a GREAT idea! You have to spoil urself once a month...but just dont start cutting the time in between shorter and shorter..until u get back to daily..lol ;)

Remember PROTEIN! Chicken and Fish is the best thing to eat..stear clear of red meat until you get your body fat down, and then you can work it in once in a while to get that extra creatine in red meat, which will aid in muscle growth.

Also make sure you are getting 100% of ur daily need of fiber (about 25-30g a day)..it will be a shock to your body (meaning you will be on the toilet probably 8 times a day for the first 2 weeks) but remember 98+% of people don't get the amount of fiber they need a day...you have to MOVE IT TO LOSE IT if you know what i'm sayin! lol

Dont be afraid to PM me if you would like any tips at all!

7. Kevin3884

Agreed...Pizza can actually be healthy if you make it the correct way, and use fresh ingredients :)

8. Click Here!

9. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Dude, listen to these guys, cut soda entirely. As for pizza, im sure it CAN be better for you but bread and cheese as a meal is never a good meal. Sure its tastes great but you are trying to cut weight so lose the meal thats 70 percent carbs 20 precent fat lol. Fiber is GREAT! you are carrying probably 10-15 pounds of "GUNK" in your GI tract and maybe an inch or two off your abdomen. When I stick to my fiber regimin people think I've love 10-15 pounds just from not bloating. Get a taste for metamucil its great. I love the orange flavor it reminds me of tang. I try to have 2-3 glasses a day which is more than recomended but my body likes it.

10. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

i'm tracking with you on the soda and mayo. i'm just trying to be realistic about what i'm shooting for. the avos (along with being delicious) and an attempt to phase out the MW. you are quite astute.

and yeah, i drink my tea unsweetened. 4:1 Liptons Ice Tea to Stashs English Breakfast tea or some other bitter tea. i drink green tea hot.

since i've got the full force of 3reef behind me, why not throw some of your favorite "skinny" recipes if you've got the time. i've got a EuroFresh market about a block away so i have access to any kind of food item you can through at me.

btw- favorite pizza is grilled chicken with pesto sauce, red onions, red peppers, baby portabellas with asiago cheese (sparingly). if i'm being bad i use lloyds spicy BBQ instead of pesto, now i'm drooling....

11. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

...he won't have to worry about fiber intake if he eats a small bowl of Fiber One (the classic one) each morning - then has plenty of veggies etc each day on top of it. As far as Fiber One goes : you can literally set your clock by how....*ahem* regular it makes you - which as Ingtar explains is a really positive thing.

This thread has been such a good one thus far - great to see so much support and so many good ideas. I am quite sure that a bunch of us are also going to find this thread inspiring as well :)

12. Kevin3884

Try this one out..

Boil Zucchini until soft...cut in halves...spoon out the seeds and some of the inside..(keep this)

in a processor fine chop some crab meat...fine chop some peppers, red onion, and baby portabellas (u can really add any other veggies you might like)

Mix it all together in a bowl once fine chopped..add the scooped out zucchini seeds some oregano, thyme, parsley, bread crumbs....pinch of salt....1 TBSP of LIGHT mayo...mix good!

Spoon it into however many zucchini halves you have....spread a little bit of mozzerella on top...put them bad boys on a pan...bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12min...ENJOY

make as much or as little as you want...:)

1 person likes this.