looking for a little support

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by zjpeter, Apr 26, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

Also, if muscle cells multiply, you have more muscle with which to burn calories.

2. Click Here!

3. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

I don't know exactly how many calories a good run of wakeboarding eats up, but it sure has to be a lot.

You should come up sometime and get a tow behind my Ski nautique.

4. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

The only thing that comes to mind is "HEFTY HEFTY HEFTY, wimpy wimpy wimpy!" LOL

5. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Psssssh I've been working out and I'm gaining weight :lol: Which was my goal to begin with. My freshman 15 in college sure wasn't fat :) Don't go by the scale. Go by BMI or by looks (before and after pictures). Because the scale doesn't really say much. My girlfriend's dad is 6'4 and 270, and that 270 sure ain't fat that's for sure. Scared the poop out of me when I first met him.

6. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

i'm sure it's better than anything i've every been drug behind. i can't remember, does your boat have a tower on it?

we've got a 22' crestliner with a 225 merc and a 20' alumacraft with a 175 merc. nothing fancy but they'll pull my fat load out of the water on a slalom

7. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

It's an older Ski Nautique 19'(actually a Martinique) that originally had 240 hp out of it's 351 ford motor. It now has over 300 hp because I wanted more power;) When it was only 240 hp, it pulled my 240 lb butt, and 7 other guys all on 2 skis out of the water at the same time with no issues.

I have an extended pylon on it, no tower as that wouldn't really look right on this boat. It makes a nice wake, especially if I replace the rear set bottom with fat sac,and it sounds nice with it's dual 3" through hull exhaust.

Seriously, you and the missus can come up and go boarding with my fiance and I.

Give me a jingle.

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

update monday:

i'm still sticking with my lifting routine routine (dudes, i'm getting strong!). i havent been biking enough so i've given permission to my wife to elbow me in the gut every morning so i get my load out of bed. i've been hitting the fruit something fierce and have a new habit of never eating more than half if we eat out (less calories AND frugal). i'm told that the biggest hurdle for weight loss is lifestyle change and it's definitely happening. we grill more, fry less. i've cut back on cheese and mayo (i make guacamole once a week and use that on sandwiches instead-- delicious). and i now eat sugar free frozen yogurt instead of ice cream (the wife still gets haagen dazs...).

lows- motivation to bike is a biggie. lifting is fun but i just can't get excited about biking for some reason.

again, no poundage lost. i'm actually back up to 235 but like i said, i'm building quite a bit of strength so i'm not too concerned

i'm getting seriously tired of cereal. i use fiber one or basic four as a meal replacement and i'm so sick of it i could puke

highs- i can definitely see a change in my face as far as weightloss goes. i actually have a chin again.

even though no bulk seems to be moving out of my gut or love handles, the chest, shoulders and arms on all my large shirts are filled out. i suppose a bigger chest makes the gut look smaller...

the wife is a huge fan my new arms.

i've got considerably less back and knee pain compared to a few months ago

fruit smoothies are delicious

thanks again for following along and all the help.

10. norg.

norg. Kole Tang

Glad to hear that things are going well for you. Suprisingly alot of healthy foods can be delicious. Both of my parents are health freaks and great cooks. Im partial to smoothies as well. lol Keep up the good work!

11. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

Does anyone bike with you Joe?

Danielle loves to go biking, but without me going along with her, I don't think she would go on her own.

It's a motivation hurdle to get the urge to go biking or running on your own.

12. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

what happen with the pic updates? Zj?
    I think this is normal. You'll harden up in a manner of speaking. Melting fat and building muscle isn't easy. If it was everyone would be skinny and built.

Don't get discouraged! You know you can do this!

- Mag.