Lobo Brain needs TLC

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by califjewls, Feb 23, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. califjewls

califjewls Astrea Snail

Hi there,
    I made a newbie mistake about 2 weeks ago when I bought my Lobo Brain and did not fully inspect all sides and bottom of the coral before I purchased it and brought it happily home. The fish store was 2 hours away or I would have taken it back, because when I got home acclimated it and inspected the coral I found that several of the sides were showing the skeleton, of course I didnt see that the way they had it positioned on the rack at the fish store.

Anyway it has not gotten any worse yet but it isn't getting any better, I have found a couple articles online and began specifically target feeding it last night, I didn't realize it had so many mouths, but I have since learned that too. It was quite hungry!

I have placed it in a corner of my tank in the sand with less flow and a bit dimmer light. I am target feeding it daily, raw shrimp yesterday and mysis today.

What else can I do to give it extra TLC and get the tissue to grow back? I have seen so many products, dip this dose that, do I need to dip it or dose it to get it healthy again? Does it need any vitamins or other supplements? What have you guys had success with?

Thank you for any help!

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. yamaharider73

yamaharider73 Kole Tang

I done about the same thing. I keep feeding and it is actually looking better. Just don't over feed.

4. califjewls

califjewls Astrea Snail

Did yours look that bad? How often did you feed it while it wasn't completely healthy?

Thank you in advance! :)