LiveRock

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Lionking, Dec 17, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Lionking

Lionking Astrea Snail

When I start up my system in the new year, when is the best time to introduced fully cured live rock? I have heard different opinions from use the die of to start your cycle or wait to add it until the tank is fully cycled and avoid the ammonia spike? Any opinions?

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

I always put the LR in pre-cycle, any really delicate critters will die off in the cycle (survival of the "hardiest", may prolong the cycle. I think is a matter of opinion. Ive done it bothways (and a few million others) but i perfer leaving the LR in from the getgo.

4. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Me too. Put rock and sand in to cycle the tank. Fed it a little flake food every day or so to feed the critters and keep the cycle going...Then I started with selected critters after the cycle....JMO :D

5. reiple

reiple Fire Shrimp

yup! and no need for that cocktail shrimp to cycle.

6. allaboutfish37

allaboutfish37 Feather Duster

In my 300g tank I put live sand and live rock in and waited a few days then put critters and about 2 weeks later I put in fish no problems then I put all my corals and fish from my other tank in and still ok tank been running for 7 weeks now going to add more stuff today,but going to go slow:p