LIVE ROCK

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by TEPOZ_AZTLAN, Jan 1, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TEPOZ_AZTLAN

TEPOZ_AZTLAN Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Thanks alot man. talk to you later.

2. Click Here!

3. TEPOZ_AZTLAN

What's up guys its me again, is been over 3 weeks since i started . i have 2 Ph heads in the tank. there is a lot of dead organic crap loose now, most of it looks like dirt,about 1/8" in some parts of sand. 2 days ago I remove bio-balls and ceramic rings. i've done some research about them (not good for reef). anyways. tomorrow i'm planing to make a 5 gal water change, i have a soft brush to remove dirt from rocks and then I'll vacuum the rocks and sand to remove all the crap ;D then i will put new water and chemipure in 2nd camber, and possibly phosban. and let the rock cure for another couple of weeks. SEA SPLENDOR you are very right i agree and i'm not rushing . but i like to do things right, and seeing hou things are going is driving me nuts >:( :p :-/ :'( ;D. please let me know if this is a good plan of what i'm going to do
    thank you all

4. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

I think a 5g change is a bit much for 12g nano with life in it. If your water smells anything but normal, I'd do that amount then. If not, maybe a 4g would be a bit better for the tank's inhabitants.

5. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Oh, and sucking the junk out as yor scrub you rock I've found is the best way to get the most out. Other wise it seems to find places to hide from you :D

6. TEPOZ_AZTLAN

Tnk's a lot for your reply, i just have a few hermit crabs and 2Astrea snail. i'll do a 4 gal and suck all the junk aout as i scrub the rock :D

Thank's again