Man, I've done this time & time again. Some of the guys on here have been hittin' the sauce a little early today (lol) ;D I had live rock, about 50# in a 55g Rubbermaid with a light & heater. The rubbermaid had about 3" of sand at the bottom. In my 90g I put down about 3 or so inches of regular aragonite sand. Topped that sand off with the sand in the rubbermaid (good rinse with water-change water). I then put down the dry base rock that I soaked in water for a coupla weeks, then sprayed off with a garden hose. On top of that, I sculpted with some of the LR & dry rock for a total of about 100 or so Lbs. I took parameters and let it sit a coupla days. Then tossed in about 6 cubes of frozen food. That was March 19th. Within 4 wks, all parameters were zeroed out except nitrate. I turned on the lights, MH 5hrs, PC 6 hrs. I threw in snails & cerinths. Gave a little pinch of flakes once a week. At the end of the first week of May, I started adding coral. 2 or 3 at a time....wait 5 or so days and add more, etc. GHA this past week but hasn't returned (yet). Turning on skimmer this week. Gradual increase in photoperiod....blah!blah! blah! Never tried MarcoRocks but everyone seems to swear by his service. I've used BRS & they are very good also. You should really give John from ReefCleaners dibs on your CUC. He's excellent & one of our sponsors.