Live Rock Question??

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Chris Jones, Jul 2, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. SJR

SJR Astrea Snail

Yes, that is understood, so deep water sand would be okay? Next time I go diving I can harvest some sand for my tank?

2. Click Here!

3. Chris Jones

Chris Jones Feather Duster

I dont know the boundries for Daytona waters or their protection status. Check those, and then decide, or I can ship you some for 3 dollars a pound plus shipping! LOL

4. ping

ping Plankton

I dont know if what your doing is legal or ethical, I will leave that to others. However, to remove unwanted hithchikers you can make a hyper salinity bath. specific gravity or 1.030 or 40 PPT. Put the rock in for about 5 Min. The critters will fall off into the bottom of the bucket and you can keep the ones you want, dispose of the rest.

5. SJR

SJR Astrea Snail

What about the sand???

6. Chris Jones

Chris Jones Feather Duster

ping, if you don't "know" about the legalities or ethics, don't even make the comment. I am totally aware of the regulations of my coastal waters, and I even submitted in my previous post the boundries of our sanctuaries. While I do appreciate your input on my original question, I do not appreciate your condesending tone of your post. that is like me saying I don't know if you are being a jerk or not, I will leave that to others!

7. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

Shees give the guy a break, hes just helped you with your hitchikers. I hate it when people disrupt the peaceful threads on these message boards with comments like that. Its almost like some people go around looking for an arguement. Nothing better to do I guess. Oh well...you cant change the way people are....I will just move on to a better thread without without the attitude

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Its time to party and celebrate.

Jay

8. Click Here!

9. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

OK, let's all calm down. Chris, I think that Ping was merely stating that he doesn't know about the subject so he was going to focus on the critter issue but he was misinterpreted.

Jay, everyone who has been on these boards for a while has made a mistake as well so let's give Chris a break too.

I'm following your advice....it's a 3 day weekend and I'm going to celebrate.

Let's have fun!!!

10. fletch

fletch Kole Tang

Sorry:-[ I do believe I started all this.:-[......... John

11. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

Naw....you asked an innocent question and I think it's probably turned out for good if you think about it in a different way.

We now know that 3reef has a resident expert on the subject (which we didn't know before). Now, when a Florida Reefer asks where they can collect, we can say, "If in doubt send a PM to Chris Jones....he'll steer you right".

12. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

FYI:

I ALWAYS just sit and say nothing. I got my hours cut at work last week. That prolly tipped me over today. Sorry

Jay