Live Rock Online

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Mojo, Aug 8, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Mojo

Mojo Plankton

anyone know a good place to order LR online? i had looked at aquacon.com a few months ago but it seems all of their prices went skyhigh.

2. Click Here!

3. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Have you ever considered saving considerable amounts of money by ordering "dead" base rock from www.hirocks.com?  

4. Mojo

Mojo Plankton

[quote author=amcarrig link=board=General;num=1091963917;start=0#1 date=08/08/04 at 16:51:01]Have you ever considered saving considerable amounts of money by ordering "dead" base rock from www.hirock.com?  [/quote]

i already have about 150lbs of dead rock ;)

5. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

A lot of people from reefcentral.com like the TBS rock (tampa bay saltwater) The rock is generally pretty colorful and very alive. They ship it in water vs just wrapping paper around it to ship. You might check over there. I think they are also one of the sponsors on that site..

Good luck! :)

Cindy

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Just as an FYI, TBS rock is notorious for housing mantis shrimp and I know that not everybody likes them as much as I do :)

7. beamer

beamer Sea Dragon

I've heard that too, but if you don't mind fooling with all of the extra critters that you seem to get with their package it seems to be worth it. I like the color you seem to get with it. No personal experience just a few pics that I've seen. I really don't know how their LR compares price wise to the competition. They say that you don't need to cycle TBS and I would think that would be a benefit.

Cindy

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

I haven't purchased live rock in years so I don't know what's best anymore :)

When I did last buy it, I purchased from Premium Aquatics and although it was very beautiful rock, I ended up battling a nasty bout with bryopsis and several aiptasia (some still pop up from time to time). That kinda soured me towards the stuff and I haven't gotten any since.

10. shawnz28

shawnz28 3reef Sponsor

Check out some of the Sponsors of 3reef such as us(Salty Critter), liverocks.com etc.... which can be found here Sponsors

11. Shane

Shane Plankton

[quote author=amcarrig link=board=General;num=1091963917;start=0#1 date=08/08/04 at 16:51:01]Have you ever considered saving considerable amounts of money by ordering "dead" base rock from www.hirock.com?  [/quote]

That site doesn't work for me, but I'd be interested in seeing it.

12. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator