Live rock loosing the purple color

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by serotonin, Jul 14, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. serotonin

serotonin Purple Spiny Lobster

Come to find I was doing my Ca test incorrectly. I was maintaining a Ca level of about 330 DOH!!!! Its up to 380 as of yesterday, weee! I'm starting to notice small areas of deep purple coraline on my glass.

(WHUPS!)

2. Click Here!

3. barmer

barmer Plankton

Nice rock...

1 person likes this.
  4. jonathan

jonathan Aiptasia Anemone

after you bring your calcium above 400 and you haven't noticed as much coralline growth as you'd like, try using a trace element supplement.

5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

In one of my tanks, Ive lost all my purple and pink coralline, but it was replaced with some awesome burgundy reddish coralline. Its everywhere in that tank! If you look at my gallery, pay attention to the rock, you will see it.

6. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

7. davidh

davidh Astrea Snail

can i ask does a calcium reactor great increase chances of getting coraline alge back??

8. Click Here!

9. usmc121581

usmc121581 Astrea Snail

I guys I sort of got the same problem. I current built a canapy and added 2-250w 20k mogul bulbs to my current fixture which now is 760watts total. After I did that I noticed I;'m loosing all my pink coralline algea. I have some green caralline that seems not to be affected by the change in light. My water parameters are good my calcuim is always around 480. Heres some pics I took of it.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.