Live Rock die off?

Discussion in 'Live Rock' started by Stingray, Apr 23, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lyal

lyal Astrea Snail

You can definitely put it into your tank and cure it there - expect a lot of gunk (and it could start to really smell before it's all over!)

2. Click Here!

3. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

Rocks in now all 21kilos of it, I nuked half, the rest had dieing bristleworms and other stuff on it, dont think nothing survived, was out dry for nearly 3 days, will this still cure over time even if its a new tank and theres no organisms, or will I need to add some living rock so that they can spread

4. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

You may be surprised that there still may be some life left in the rock, did you keep any of the rock wet while you filled the tank?

5. Stingray

Stingray Blue Ringed Angel

Some rock was wet, but most was ran under a shower nozzle when I colected, due to the dire stench, while the rock was standing for 2 days I did see some pods splashing around in the drained water, and within one rock what looked to be a crab or some kind of mollusc shell, but since being in my tank for 2 days with lights I have seen nothing live, just dead bristle worms