Littleneck clams

Discussion in 'Clams' started by devlzluv, Jul 16, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

Well guys d-day, tested and ill be damned. Its dropped a damn good amount. Im about 15 right now considering they were at 40. Idk if its the clams or what but I havent changed anything. Kinda happy, been doign more research and found out my alk is low, idk bout mag and cal but I will soon when I get my test kits.

2. Click Here!

3. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

kool keep us posted.. lets hear more about the results a week from now.. good job.

4. acemow

acemow Purple Spiny Lobster

Thanks for the update!

5. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

wow!
    hehe i saw these on line before and they just called em $0.69 cleaner clams

6. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

yep "cleaner clams" are either littlenecks or cherrystones. They are good filter feeders, just beware when they die, they are so foul and it tends to happen under sand....can be bad news, just check in on them frequently.. Had a few of them in an odd setup I had, when they went it crashed the whole system. :( I have been messing around with the smaller venus clams since then at times, they have a very short lifespan, but they cause few problems when they pass. leafy jewel boxes are cool, as are atlantic thorny oysters, if you are getting in to bivalves, check them out.

7. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

lol ya i dig them up every couple of days, im just using them to get my nitrates down till my reactor gets here

8. Click Here!

9. devlzluv

devlzluv Ritteri Anemone

Lol well john ur freakin super godlike clean up crew wisdom was dead on literally. I dug them up like 5 mins ago and noticed 1 was dead, the other 5 were alive and just said screw it ur not gonna nuke my system and took them all out just to prevent any risk. I will see if my nitrates will stay normal now though but it was only 2 bucks so it didnt hurt me any