Little Gren Algae on some Rock and Sand

Discussion in 'Algae' started by adam, Jan 6, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. adam

adam Montipora Digitata

Here is a pic of my 46 gallon. I have a little green some type of hair algae I believe growing. I am trying to feed a little lighter and using Pura Complete in my power filter. I have no sump or refugium. Any other suggestions for the algae. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. thepanfish

thepanfish Flying Squid

For fun get an algea blenny:cheesy:

4. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

5. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

wow off topic, but great looking tank and some monster corals in there ,Adam

the algae seems confined to one area , the FTS is not showing a massive amount

obviously the picture is small scale, so I cant tell what CUC you have already in there?
    but as mentioned above, maybe some additional members might sort this localised problem out for you

Steve

6. Fragged_It

Fragged_It Astrea Snail

+1
    Not knowing your CUC it's hard to say what to add. If it's only in this isolated place and doesn't seem to spread, it's not all bad. A little bio-diversity goes a long ways. I get similar green algae popping up in the same area. It comes and goes. I don't stress over it. It's feeding on something, then dieing out, then coming back when the food source has increased.

1 person likes this.
  7. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

One of the best posts I have seen...+1;D