(LIST IS NEAR COMPLETION) Fish Ideas For A Tank of X Gallons [Official Thread]

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by JJL, May 17, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

I think we should get the list of fish done then we could organize, change demensions slightly, and put final corrections on it. This is just a rough draft, there is more to come. ;)
    JJL

2. Click Here!

3. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

OK, guess I misunderstood what the list was for. I guess I don't really see the difference in the 2 examples you just gave.

The biggest issues I see with newbies are not necessarily wanting to put a huge fish in a too-small tank, but wanting to put a normal-sized fish that needs room in a too small tank, like the mandarins, diamond gobies, or flashers that people are putting in 10 or 20 or 30 gallon tanks...guess that's another thread altogether. Sorry.

4. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Dont appologize ;) ,those could be put on the list too. I think the only fish we should stay away from are extremely difficult fish to keep and possibly tangs. I think putting a rating for fish like mandarins would help the list a lot.

5. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Bump for more suggestions to be given ;)
    JJL

6. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

BUMP
    Any suggestions on fish to add would be greatly appreciated
    JJL

7. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

The only other fish I've had is a Venustus angel, and they're difficult so I didn't add it.
    Of course I've had a couple of chromis and damsels as well, but I think everyone knows about them LOL.

8. Click Here!

9. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Ok that makes sense.
    There are many that still have not added their input though.Thanks to everybody who has,but the more people that contribute, the better this list will be.
    Thanks
    JJL

10. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

im gonna bump just because i dont want this forum to just be forgotten as i think it is important for any beginner to know a fishes reccomended tank size.

11. JJL

JJL Purple Tang

Another Bump.......I added a few more fish to the list

12. bvb-etf-luva

bvb-etf-luva Banned

this thread is going downhill, im gonna dd as much as i can tonight if i get around to it, hopefully if enough people decide to add fish it can get going once more.