Lion Fish in an uncycled tank

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by asilefx, Jun 7, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. onecansay

onecansay Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Ya your bud is definitely an idiot IMHO. I suspect he uses his "so called" friends in other areas of his pathetic existence. This person is just leaching your energy man. IMO he is probably jealous of your ability to take care of business, whether a tank or the rest of life. Up to you, but maybe your situation is like a tank-symbiotic_. :wacko:
    some call me frank

2. Click Here!

3. aquaboy

aquaboy Panda Puffer

Aggh, well at least my LFS is awesome and the people know everything and have amazing creatures.......but then again, some LFS's just make me wanna puke. i went to one that had no lighting on its tanks, you heard me. well it was only fish, but i mean at least a perfecto fluorescent strip? Mine only uses 400watt halides with actinic VHO's on every tank.

4. ianaco70

ianaco70 Bristle Worm

ive heard you can actually cycle a tank with a lionfish. not sure if its true

5. evojoe67

evojoe67 Aiptasia Anemone

man, i need a tissue.

this is just sad.

6. reefersRus

reefersRus Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I had a friend like that. She wanted a reef tank just because I was starting up one (yep that kind of friend) However she didn't want to do the basics. She spent all this money on a tank stand canopy etc and wanted me to "help" her with it. After having to come over and clean a canister filter, from a tank I sold her(fresh water), that had not been cleaned in SIX MONTHS!!!! I finally told her I was not "helping" her with her tanks any more. That was the downfall of our friendship.

I have no problem offering support to people starting out but I will not do everything for them. The last time I checked I do not run an aquarium care service.

Anyway, You did all you could I hope you cut him loose and move on. Friends like that are just a drain on you.