Lightning maroon clownfish on ebay

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by DBOSHIBBY, Jun 25, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. evolved

evolved Wrasse Freak

If you really want to know more, just start reading Matt's blog from the beginning. I believe the vast majority of the question/info brought up in this thread he's long covered under the progression of things, all on one site. :)

2. Click Here!

3. reefnJeff

reefnJeff Pajama Cardinal

It's not progression, it's manipulation, no thank you, you can keep it. I tend to like creatures the way nature created them.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2013
  4. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

Uhoh, don't bring religion into an internet conversation..... or eat chicken, beef, or pretty much any dairy since selective breeding created those species.....

This is far from genetic engineering. Matt took two natural fish and played some Barry White, hardly a torch and pitchfork offense.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

^^^ This.

To appreciate all the hard and valued work that went into this endeavor you really need to start at the beginning.

6. reefnJeff

The 3 letter word is not a religion and I really didn't think the 3 letter word would be offensive, so I replaced the 3 letter word.

From what I found there is 30 species of recognized Amphiprioninae and 1 species of genus Premnas, the maroon clownfish. I didn't see anything at all that looked like those freaks of nature as what I would like to call them, but that's just my opinion and if they can be found in nature then accept my humble apology. :/

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

The mutation is found in nature. It was a long and amazing journey from collection (that is a story in itself) to successfully carrying on the trait.

8. Click Here!

9. reefnJeff

You mean it takes selective breeding to make cheese? If a chicken is selective breeding, what came first the chicken or the egg :D

1 person likes this.
  10. jimmy_beaner

jimmy_beaner Teardrop Maxima Clam

The egg predates all birds, so the egg.

11. reefnJeff

True that! Now that's progression! 100.000's of thousands of years of evolution. I'm sure heck glad them dinosaurs didn't sprout wings over night.
    with mans intervention though it could have been done over night. That would been cool dinos with wings :D

12. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

Let's all take a break, test out water and turn on the CHILLERS for our tanks. No need to get so hot and bothered. Its the internet, all thats gonna get happened is closing the thread.