Lighting suggestions for me?

Discussion in 'Clams' started by BonnieC, Apr 11, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. BonnieC

BonnieC Astrea Snail

Thank you so much. I know they are really pricey...more than the danged tank is, and that in itself is spendy! lol Might be summer before I can cough it up. But I expect this tank to last us quite a few years.

But I like that the leds seem to save money in the long run. Plus our tank will be right next to the couch so it will be nice to not have the heat radiating off it onto us. And I like the different colors. Looks like the MH clip ons are just one bulb.

Ill see what the company emails me back tomorrow and Ill post. If I cant make a LED system work, I can always get the MH clip on posted earlier in the thead. That viper looks pretty cool. Ill also call the Neo Nano guys tommorow and get an exact distance of how high up from the water the back of that tank is.

The biggest thing is that I wanted to make sure that the LEDs would be okay for corals and clams.

2. Click Here!

3. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Hmm Mine ran me about 200$ with tax. know what you want exactly for the tank before you get it. make sure it can hold everything you want no problem. That way theres no upgrading and wasting time and money!

4. BonnieC

BonnieC Astrea Snail

I got an email back from the people with those LEDs...

"Yes - the Panorama LED fixture actually works quite well with the Deep Sea tanks. We have numerous dealers already using the fixtures with these tanks and they have been very happy with them. The fixtures do include one Stunner 453nm Blue LED strip - we normally recommend keeping it on 24 hours per day. During the day, it will provide additional stunning blue coloration - during the night it will work as a moon light.

Please feel free to ask any more questions you may have. For your tank - these lighting systems do work very well and will look quite nice over your aquarium."

5. BonnieC

BonnieC Astrea Snail

Ooooh, check this out. They sent me a pic of the tank along with the light on it. Looks like I see some clams in there too. What do you think? :D

[​IMG]