life expectancy of emerald crabs

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by jonjonwells, Mar 1, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

nope... they eat about anything including sleeping fish.

2. Click Here!

3. longballz84

longballz84 Spaghetti Worm

when they get larger they will also pick at corals...zoo polyps...watch em'

4. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

Well, seems just about everyone is under a year. So nothing to worry about I guess.

I know he/she molted at least once and was over twice as large as the other one in my tank. Oddly enough, they were the same size when I bought them. He was eating very well, constantly picking at algae within the tank. I would also feed him bits of shrimp every once in a while. Healthy he was.

5. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Mine last about 4 months.

One of them had a really big feather duster on its back. So when it died and after the hermits finished with it, I moved the big feather duster on to a rock for the fun of it. Like as a memorial ::)

6. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

Yeah I am glad its not just me either. I found a baby in my 85, must of been a hitch hiker, cause I havent bought any in a few years. I do have a sally lf crab thats a few years old. I had problems with keeping these also, she is 4-6" round.

7. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

Mine lasted 6 months. It ate all the valonia and I had to feed it bits of krill. As AV8 said, they will eat anything they can get their claws on. Mine took a big chunk off my 4 striped damsel one night.