LG.Lion (too old)

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by tube, May 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

9 years is a credit to you, tube, it would be great if that can be extended even longer though, good luck with it, posts about well cared for live stock that live a long time, are really great reading

Steve

2. Click Here!

3. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

I agree. I would think it would be much better to feed a baby damsel to her than a guppy. She may not be eating because she is having a hard time seeing?

4. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

Fair enough my friend. :) It would still be a good idea to get the PO4 down a bit no? The SG is a personal preference thing, changing it may add to the stress. I just figured that moving it into QT would stress her out even more, unless tank water from the main tank is used, to keep water quality the same.
    I am with you though, if quality of life is gone, it's not worth suffering though.

5. tube

tube Flamingo Tongue

Thank you Steve !!! That means a lot to me !!!! At 4 pm today moved her in a 30 g with same tank water from 180g !!! Some time today while I was at work [Eel] I Guess ???started taking bites at her tail, she is still alive with a chunk taken out of her tail !!!S he is in a 30 g with a air stone and a # 2 koralia and some KanaPlex !!!! Thanks 4 all the help everyone !!!!

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  6. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

7. tube

tube Flamingo Tongue

2 days in medicated water, KanaPlex ( QT) with no responce from Lion !!!:end::end::sick2::sick2::bigcry:Do I let nature take it's course or end the suffering ???? How long will a 12'' Lion live when she is not eating !!!

8. Click Here!

9. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

if its in a quarentine tank you can uses more powerful antibiotics then melafix, and other non-reefsafe meds

i would think a couple weeks.

10. tube

tube Flamingo Tongue

I'm all ears !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what else can I use !!

11. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

At the risk of taking an unpopular view here, I think it might be time to pull the plug. The fish appears to be severe decline by the photos posted at the very top. If medication is not having an effect after two days, perhaps your first impression (old age, rather than sickness) was correct.

If that's the case, each day above ground is a day of suffering.

It's one of the hardest things, knowing the date of demise of our friends or family. It's not supposed to be that way. However, respect might take precedence over hope. Take the time you need to assess whether or not the lion is improving. If you become confident that it's not improving, consider your options.

So sorry. :(

12. tube

tube Flamingo Tongue

Thank you !!!