LFS sold me "button polyps" heheheh

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by REDMANS CUBE, Nov 17, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. REDMANS CUBE

REDMANS CUBE Fire Shrimp

so i went into a lfs and saw a rock full of ricordia, there was no price on the tank so i asked a person who worked there what is was and how much it was. i knew what it was and what it was worth. the girl who works there and doesnt know anything about SW said it was button polyps and it was $35.99 Cdn. it was hard to hold back a smile. i took it and ran. there are 8 polyps on the rock. up here single polyps go for $25. i will post pics once they are in the tank. SCORE!!!

2. Click Here!

3. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

sweet score, yeah rics here are even $15-25 US and noone ever freaking has any good looking ones

4. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

way to go, unfortunately all of the employees who work in lfs around my area know what they are doing.

5. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

That sucks!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  6. jandree22

jandree22 Astrea Snail

As funny as your situation was, I can't help but fear for the employee's possible punishment once the owner figures out where his rics went... oh well, guess the owner should've trained her better :)

Congrats, haha

damn, what a raw deal... sorry to hear that :laughing0

7. bc219

bc219 Millepora

If anyone's in northern indiana they should check out this place I got my pretty acan for for $10, and they know what they're selling. :) My man and I said "score!" and gave each other high 5's when we pulled out of that place for the first time!

[​IMG]

8. Click Here!

9. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

sweet deal man, unfortunately here everyone knows what they're doing (well, it's also a good thing too, right?)

10. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

its good to get deals :) but at what cost?

11. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Great score buddy, that piece would have sold for at least $80 here in Miami and Im throwing it low. I dont feel bad when that happens b/c its a rare event when a LFS gets the short end of the stick. Its usually the other way around. Anyways, "thats the price of doing business" and as jandree22 said, " he should have trained her better". The owner probably hired her b/c she's pretty anyways. The owner gets his money back from all the guys that come in just to check her out.;D Luna

12. rothany206

rothany206 Spaghetti Worm

cool i got me a rock filled also with ricordia heads around like 25-30 got it for 30$ sweet