Lets see some colorful zoanthids

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by sweetriden76, Mar 12, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chemicalblue

chemicalblue Astrea Snail

Let's see if it works.......[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. chemicalblue

I don't think I understand! Help!:confused:

4. sweetriden76

sweetriden76 Coral Banded Shrimp

I put mine in the generic paint program that comes with windows, then I use the stretch/scew under the image catagory in the top bar, just reduce them by like 50% I then save it to my pictures and when I scroll over it, a box pops up with all the info including the size...cuttingras, those perameters arent that far off mine, my nitrates are also around 40 and eveything is thriving, the zoas are spreading like wild, and I think my orange ricordia may be getting ready to split(if thats how the reproduce?, looks like its secontioning in two)even my BTA is doing good under crappy 24watt stock lights...maybe you got some bad zoas or something?(dunno if thats possible)...hope it gets straightened out for you...

5. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

With your coral load, I wouldnt be dosing anything with the water changes you're doing. You dont have anything thats sucking up the calcium that would require you doing anything with it.

6. chemicalblue

thanks, i've got the photobucket thing going, but do not know how to import pics:cry:

7. sweetriden76

sweetriden76 Coral Banded Shrimp

geek, is my calcium ok at 480, thats were it was last time I checked it, I does a 2 part solution for nanos made by kent marine, seems to work cause the tanks thriving

8. Click Here!

9. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

10. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

gotcha so just the alk or not even that?

I figured out with the load I have as far as fish is concerned, if I change the water that much everything seems happier, and I'm not getting rid of any of my babies :)

11. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

If you do not have a lot of coraline or sps corals, and do biweekly-monthly water changes, there is no need to dose calcium cause most of it comes from your salt. 400-450 is optimal levels IMO for calcium.

Stop dosing stuff and just do your water changes, then test everything. Need to know your levels before you dose. Only dose what you need.

12. sooja

sooja Plankton

Nice looking zoos everyone!

Here's a few of mine, can't wait till they spread!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]