Let's clear some things up about ICK

Discussion in 'Diseases' started by alpha_03, Mar 26, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. alpha_03

alpha_03 Bubble Tip Anemone

I have used Kick Ick by Ruby Reef with great sucess, I have never used any other product because in twelve years this was the first (and hopfully last time) I ever need to.

When I first got this parasite, from a going out of business LFS "bargin" fish I bought, I first tried the fresh water methods- raise tank temps, add kosher aquarium salt (API), added melafix and pimafix- antibiotics, turn off skimmer (turn off reactors too), these methods helped, but sadly to the dismay of my coral beauty and my wrasse's it didnt help- my tangs got it first- from the red soldier I should have placed in a QT, then my clowns got it- war on ICK was declared.

BTW I have a fully stocked reef- invert, lps, sps, you name it.

So I called a few well established aquarium stores and Premium Aquatic's told me to try kick ick- a little pricey, but I tried it out.

It worked- quite well, I followed the directions to the letter and it worked, it worked really well- we have no ICK now. I wouldnt tell you to use this if it had not worked for me- give it a try- you might be supprized.

So I am quoting from the Ruby website itself, the rest- read on: http://rubyreefinc.com/index.php?op...=47:kick-ich&catid=35:documentation&Itemid=56

Please note the directions, which I think most people do not correctly follow:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2011