LED lights build thread

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by That Guy, Dec 30, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. That Guy

That Guy Aiptasia Anemone

2. Click Here!

3. cloons411

cloons411 Plankton

A great place to go for information on LEDS is www.hidplanet.com/forums. It is a great place to learn about all kinds of lighting.

4. That Guy

its coming along :) got some wiring done and WOW are they bright!!!! i think i am done for the night before i burn out my retinas hahah!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. fishnbirds

fishnbirds Plankton

must consider this first

please read this... i have done my research about a year back... n came up with a never build product :)... a complete lighting solution that replicates nature n is once plugged in only... anyways n my research told me that we will need high Watt LEDs... 1-3W at least... so do think before you invest in small typical LEDs... any questions feel free to ask

Imran

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2009
  6. That Guy

uhh.....those are high powered LEDs. They are 3W luxeons

1 person likes this.
  7. bbsbliss

bbsbliss Ritteri Anemone

Then i plan to use a usb-dmx controller to write the programs on my computer and be able to save them on the controller so i can bring them up at anytime without having to be connected to the computer. Then driver has a port to connect a momentary contact switch to let you cycle through your programs with just a push of a button. Finally, i'll be using a network dimmer that integrates with the LED driver so i will be able to adjust the intensity of any of the 4 channels from 0%-100% independently or simultaneously so i will have fine tune controls over color temp or intensity without the hassel of having to plug the whole fixture back into the computer and rewriting software!!
    Now I see why LED's are sooooo expensive. I have not idea what you just said...

8. Click Here!

9. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

Craig you can use that meter at the shop to give you an idea what the LEDs are generating for light , It was under the computer stand last I saw of it ..In a gray box like we keep the master test kits in.

10. reefer Bob

reefer Bob Montipora Digitata

That looks so good, I want to hook up some cool colors for when my daylights go off. I hooked the blacklight up last night, so we plan on doing some led's in the hood when we build it.

11. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

So how is it coming along Craig???

12. That Guy

been out of town for the last week so no new updates....