LED advice

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by Magnus, Mar 22, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

well must be doing something right.. more power to them.
    There used to be a day where I did not blink an eye at a price now I throw up in my mouth hahahahahaha

2. Click Here!

3. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

They are. I got a 5% off with a coupon, but still... $1713.... it hurts.

4. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

And got me a new expensive toy. I've been demoted to vice president by my wife.

Vinnyboombatz and chris adams like this.
  5. RavenSF

RavenSF Astrea Snail

If your tank will support it, Halichoeres for flatworms and peppermint shrimp for aptasia. She started off slow, but eventually my Halichoeres Biocellatus got rid of every flatworm in my tank. My peppermint shrimp got rid of every aptasia within 2 days.

Magnus likes this.
  6. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Thanks for the reply! I used "Flatworm solution" from Aquavision a aquatics and it worked like a charm. My rock and sand looks absolutely cleared!!! I will retreat on sight of the first flatworm, but so far I'm happy. Skimmer picked up so much flatworm slimy gunk that I was amazed!!

For the aiptasia, I have gone the peppermint shrimp route b4 and decided never again to repeat it. After they were done with the aiptasia they went for my dendro. Also removing them after was a pain.

I like the idea of the wrasse, though. I've been looking for a cool wrasse that not only looks good, but also helps with undesired pests, has a good flashy personality and it would be cool if it helps with mortgage ;-)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2015
    Vinnyboombatz likes this.
  7. RavenSF

RavenSF Astrea Snail

Here's my Red Lined Wrasse. She went from red to this dark green color as she turned into a male. He spends the whole day swimming amongst the rock and plays nice with everyone else.

image.jpg image.jpg

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

She is beautiful. Hunt and peck, always looking for something to munch on.

10. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Thanks!! that's a good looking wrasse for sure!
    I will definitely like having one just like it, only hope it stays red. I'll take my time this time before I go the bio way... the chemical warfare was pretty successful so far. I have done my fair share of rushing and I'll wait it out and see what's up for a change. Apparently things are better when you give it time :)

Do you have any "Daylight pic" of your wrasse?

11. RavenSF

RavenSF Astrea Snail

I can try to take one when I have time to pull out the ole DSLR. He's like a clownfish, always on the move and hard to get a good shot of. I got her from Live Aquaria about 6 months ago, but she slowly matured and became a he. They're not the prettiest wrasses out there but are very peaceful and do good pest control without eating things like my shrimp or clam or feather duster. He's so active that he got my skittish firefish to feel safe and stay out all day.

I tried Flatworm Exit without success, if It works in your tank, go Halichoeres wrasse.

12. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

Try the other one I mentioned earlier. It's called "Flatworm Solution" from Aquavision Aquatics. It worked just great for me this time. Better than Flatworm eXit. It wasn't but a day or two since I started spotting survivors after treating with Flatworm eXit. I re-treated 2 more times after and not too far from original treatment. I should have known better, my LFS guy was arguing with me that 2 or 3 treatments won't work as well because I have to get the eggs after they hatch. He argued and argued with me that they do lay eggs and not just "Split" In fact, he was completely unaware they could do both LOL.