Large toadstool - to cut or not to cut

Discussion in 'Frags' started by map95003, Feb 16, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. map95003

map95003 Bubble Tip Anemone

Well, I cut it about an hr ago. It got all shrivilled up, hopefully I didn't kill it. I cut it half way down the stalk but I had to cut virtical up the side of the stalk too, pretty much scrape it off the rocks the stalk was attached to. It was a clean cut but the side of the stalk is all brused up...we'll see what happen over the next few days.

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. fischkid2

fischkid2 Dirty Filter Sock

its a beauty hope it makes it! show pics of it after it recovers!

4. map95003

map95003 Bubble Tip Anemone

I was worried there for a while...thought it would die because it wasn't opning up for a week after I cut it...I used a plastic tooth pick to pin it down to a rock and it looked like it was dieing, the tootpick ended up cutting through it and it broke off the rock...landed on the opposite side of the tank and attached to a rock in the perfect spot...I didn't even think of putting it there...it's amazing how there creatures are. It doesn't look as good as it was before I cut it but at least it's still alive.

The bottom part of the stalk doesn't seem to be doing anything, got some small dots that look like polyps...hopefully it will grow a new head.

5. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

keep us posted. I might have to do that in a couple months myself..