Large Custom tanks

Discussion in 'Fish Tank Brands and Kits' started by Thatgrimguy, Mar 26, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. leighton1245

leighton1245 Horrid Stonefish

2. Click Here!

3. Reef Daddy

Reef Daddy Astrea Snail

Throw a party for about 20 people and before you tap the keg let them know they need to help you with something real fast. ;D

Then if you get it in place without breaking it TAP the KEG!!

4. FatBastad

FatBastad Zoanthid

Really.

Something that big is just redonkulas. Might as well open a small store even part time and make some $ on the side; or go all in.

5. bulldogniner

bulldogniner Feather Duster

I got my tank from a local manufacturer. Deep Sea Aquatics. They are in Garland(Dallas) TX

6. lillys Grandad

lillys Grandad Horrid Stonefish

...there is an awesome build on RC called "reef in the sky" made with 3/4 inch Low Iron glass...or just Google "reef in the sky"..its a very impressive rimless build....worth looking at, at the very least. : )

7. SwimsWithFish

SwimsWithFish Giant Squid

These guys are close to me. They do good stuff.

8. Click Here!

9. khowst

khowst Bangghai Cardinal

glasscages been getting alot of bad reports across the net lately. not just over in the other big forum, but kinda across google. in person reports of tanks blowing out, crappy seal work, uneven glass etc etc. not those normal friend of a friend who knew somebody stories either.

Me personally I dont know dont have one, just saying there seems alot of recent downward buzz about them, not old legacy stuff.

10. Bustopher

Bustopher Skunk Shrimp

They do have a truck that travels the country and makes delivery. So, being a long term project you have the time to order it and wait for it to make the rounds to your area.
    Glasscages.com - Delivery and Show Schedule

I would be more concerned with designing the structure to hold this beast. moving it is just making sure you have an 49.5x31 opening in the to bring it in.

11. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

Well I'm building the whole house. So structure/openings/etc is no problem as they will all be considered in the design. I plan to build the house around the tank in many ways. It's a water front property and as such has to be on stilts anyhow so that makes the tank room considerably easier to plumb.

I will probably scale back some, but who knows. Right now I'm pricing everything I want and then scaling it back from there where need be. These are the same dimensions that a close by aquarium store has and I am sick of having to go there to see it!

I'm going to check on all of those manufacturers. How would I go about finding a local company or someone who could build it on site?