Kitty Litter refugium Q's....

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by CamoCreatures, Nov 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. dpruitt7450

dpruitt7450 Bubble Tip Anemone

Glad I read this, my fugue is built and going through a water test now and if all goes well I'll be headed to walmart for some cat litter for the fugue :) thank you!!!

2. Click Here!

3. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

I never was able to get anywhere with Florida Game and Fish and I don't know anyone who lives in the Texas or Georgia/South Carolina coast that could collect for me.

I still stand by Special Kitty clay litter in the fuge, my latest build has a DSB capped with 2" of sugar grain Aragonite.

4. clarkkey594

clarkkey594 Aiptasia Anemone

This past weekend I setup my fuge in the 40 breeder sump on my 90 gallon tank with 2-3 inches of this kitty litter stuff capped off with 1-2 inches of marco's sand. Hopefully this works out. So far so good though.

5. dewmaster07

dewmaster07 Astrea Snail

I have been using walmarts cheapest non-scented Kitty litter as my 3 inch refugium substrate for 8 days. I did not top it with anything however it was mixed with some live sand. The water was slightly cloudy when the litter would get kicked up but after 3 days my water is crystal clear. Also ALL my levels are perfect. Prestine! I recomend it as its $2. No adverse effects so far; only positive benefits.