KING ANGELFISH for 16.99!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Midnight_Madman, Dec 16, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Midnight_Madman

Midnight_Madman Montipora Digitata

I was just in my local Petco planning on getting something else for the tank when I noticed a beautiful angel. I wasnt sure what it was and it wasnt marked. I knew it was an expensive one though.It is about 5"  The girl looked in her little book and decided it was a coral beauty! and it was on sale.... man what a deal. When I got home I checked into it, and it is a King.. or Passer Angelfish.. Now I have to read up FAST on this fish because I wasnt planning on getting something so amazing. Does anyone have suggestions? I have a bird wrass. small lion, 3 yellow tangs, clarkii clown and two damsels....
    Thanks!

2. Click Here!

3. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

I love how people decide to id fish and critters because things look similar....im anal on id.....(used to work for pethell....BARF!)

4. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

I like the passer as a Juvi...if you like the adult colors i would hop on that asap....great deal....I dont see how one could possibly mistake that for a coral beauty.....

5. da colts

da colts Skunk Shrimp

the king or passer angel may be the most aggressive of all angels but even saying that, they are by far my favorite angels. run, don't walk, back to that place and get that angel.(do me a favor, ask them if they have any more of those "coral beauties")

6. Midnight_Madman

Midnight_Madman Montipora Digitata

"the king or passer angel may be the most aggressive of all angels"
    I guess that is good because my tank is semi agressive.
    I have him in there now. so far there have been no conflicts.. we'll see

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Wow that's a great deal for sure, but be ready for a tank upgrade down the road - those angels can get over a foot long!  :eek: They recommend at least a 100 gallon tank for those. But you are at 90 , hmmm... probably work for a while I'd think.

FYI, can be a polyp nipper too.