Kessil A150w LED 15k spectrum video

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by ahsan111222, Jul 24, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. duoc9119

duoc9119 Coral Banded Shrimp

Awesome! I want to see the update

2. Click Here!

3. ahsan111222

ahsan111222 Plankton

Sry forgot to mention local guy bob such a great person who realllly gave me an amazing deal. Lfs guy basically said lights and videos all BS again its like seeing a new mercedez for half price with most led being price soooo much higher I understand but I have acro monti frogspawn xenia zoos so everything angle I want to cover! :) I said to the lfs store I am the guinea pig lol. I have the video and I'm getting it ready now but I think everyone will be pleased. Now to see how growth is over time... side note I did hang the second unit because with the sps I wanted intense lighting all over the tank and it added another dimesnsion of beauty having the full effect over everything

4. duoc9119

duoc9119 Coral Banded Shrimp

Yeah I am waiting for the day that LEDs have their price drop. Haha It's like an arm and a leg for one fixture these days, so its nice to see one that is under $600 and performs.

5. Rivero1972

Rivero1972 Plankton

Finally recieved my Kessil Sky Blue LED and it is everything that I was hoping for. From the recent pics that I've seen the Ocean Blue was too blue for me. I felt it would be easier to make the tank bluer with other LEDs, I'm using 2 Rio Mini Sun's Deep Blue and it looks perfect, than trying to make it whiter.

My tank is A 26 gallon bow front with a 24" x 15" footprint. The Kessil LED easily covers my whole tank. Now that I see the light in person I now know why everyone was making a big deal about the shimmer.

The Kessil is totally silent and puts off very little heat. I can wrap my hand around it and it only feels warm to the touch.

I really can't believe these are selling at such a low price point.

The only negatives I can think of is the light is not dimmable and there is no on off switch. I work from home so I don't use timers as I would just turn on my lights manually. So a on/off would have been nice but I will now get a timer. The other LEDs are definetly more flexible in regards to being dimmable and being able to control the blueness but i didn't want to spend $600+ and it possibly be from a out of country manufacturer.

I give this product 2 thumbs up. Ordered from Marine Depot and I really like their customer service. It was easy to change my order from a Ocean Blue to Sly Blue and add on the Gooseneck. Also their site enabled me to track the UPS package. Will definately go through Marine Depot for any other orders.

1 person likes this.
  6. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks for info... can you start a thread with pics of the Kessil Sky Blue over your tank if possible? I'd love to see what the 10k Kessil looks like. Thanks for info too!

matt