kenya tree :)

Discussion in 'Coral' started by the glass guy, Feb 15, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. the glass guy

the glass guy Flamingo Tongue

It took 6 months but i finally got my Kenya tree. Its only a small frag as of now but soon a forest! Pics will come soon along with a few other frags i got. (finally got tree up look down a few posts. also got part of my awesome mushroom )

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  2. Click Here!

3. rcflyer1388

rcflyer1388 Bubble Tip Anemone

get ready for it to literally turn your tank into a forest lol.

4. the glass guy

I am excited for it. Can you point me in the direction on any good smaller fish that like to swim through and hide in kenyas? Our next purchase its gonna be a green goby, a pistol shrimp to pair with or orange spotted prawn goby. but really want to find something that will use the trees as its home. any help would be awesomeand thanks in advance.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Sexy shrimp love the stuff. They climb among the branches and hang around at the base. The coral produce some type of mucous coating that sexy shrimp think is yummy.
    Yellow clown goby and the Citron might perch on the branches, but they'll pick an sps first if they have the chance.

6. the glass guy

We actually just lost out citrinus goby to our powerhead :( . That was our original reason for going but instead got a orange spotted prawn goby, some zombie snails and the frag. Next is the pistol shrimp. Also i have been noticing allot of people have theirs in sand us it bad i placed mine directly on rock?

7. Corailline

It should start self fragging by breaking into pieces that float around the tank. The coral will grow anywhere. I had some growing on my over flow where it got no light, with water rushing over it.
    You need to show us an image of yours. It's a wonderful coral that adds a lot of movement.

8. Click Here!

9. the glass guy

Does any pine know how to post from a cell phone. Ok edit. I think i figured it out even said my upload was a success but now i don't now how to find them. lol. I thought i picked coral as my place to upload to but negative lol

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  10. Corailline

Try a photobucket account, it's free.

11. the glass guy

[​IMG] here is bob on day one looking good. starting to worry though cause he has shrunk considerably but have read it is common(i hope so) as long as they don't look like it melting away. however do to worry about placement i have noticed a lot of people have theirs dirrectly on the sand so i broke the rock he was on and buried the rock portion under the sand,and it seems tobe helping a little but still to soon to know

12. BrianJ

BrianJ Peppermint Shrimp

You are the first person I've seen to name your corals, such a great idea! Lol.