Kenya needs a trim..

Discussion in 'Frags' started by Zoban, Dec 12, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Nick

Nick Bristle Worm

Thanks guys. are there different types of kenya? Mine seems a bit different in appearance.

2. Click Here!

3. Zoban

Zoban Skunk Shrimp

Looking at your pic seems the same stuff.. just different sizes.. Minor differences like tips and "leaves" for lack of better word at moment I would attribute to lighting and flow as mine will change slightly as the light cycle progresses through the day.

No expert by any means just personal observations.

4. steve wright

steve wright Super Moderator

Nice work with the scissors Zoban

The Bonsai Kenya tree rock, looks very attractive now

Steve

5. damon

damon Sea Dragon

the kenya tree was one of my first coral and they have grown like weeds for me. I found that I did not want to bother with taking the time to frag it like most things because at one point (not currently) I was throwing away a few frags a week and they will survive ripping them in half with no problem. I now just use my tongs and pinch the branch where I want it to stop growing, after doing this once a day for a few days the tree will develop a bump at the spot and let that part of the branch float off. You will be able to tell when it's just about ready and pull it off before it floats of. It will attach to a rock faster as a frag and be less stressful to the mother tree this way.