Kentanner11's 55g

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Kentanner11, May 29, 2007.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kentanner11

Kentanner11 Coral Banded Shrimp

Ok everyone here is some info about my tank. 55g, all glass, 29 gal sump 10 gal fuge. No MH yet. ;D I just got my tank home today and tried fitting the 29 below, YEA RIGHT!:evil3: I tried fitting in my 10 YEA RIGHT :mad: now im getting pretty mad and take a break. Anyways an hour later I have talked my self into building a new stand. So here I am. I am in the beginning planning stages of my stand. Pics below of my current set up! :p Hope to get alittle further! lol! The sump pic is not mine but crappyballers. I hope to somewhat copy this as his tank is 55 and the sump is 29 sound fimailiar??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  2. Click Here!

3. crappyballer

crappyballer Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

cool cool good to see you got some pics up before you build your sump i would think twice about copying mine, it works good and all but i am going to be pulling it apart soon to mod it so i will be fuge-less for a day or two i need to get a quieter pump and an external at that so i can make more room in the sump so i am going to drill the glass and make another set of baffles i will draw a picture and put it in my thread.

1 person likes this.
  4. Kentanner11

cool! I have some ideas for my sump. before I get to any plumbing I am going to work on my stand. Was your sump in the garage or something? Were you able to fit anything under in the stand?

5. crappyballer

my tank is in my basement it is partially finished so the sump is in the laundry room with the furnace and the tank is plumbed through the wall. and the stand i have it on is maybe 6 inches off the ground so..... i wasn't able to put anything under that

6. Kentanner11

Nice I am building my stand after I discovered that I only have less than 10 in to try to fit a sump and fuge. My new design gives me 2ft.

7. crappyballer

8. Click Here!

9. Kentanner11

Well, some things. Im not as far as I want, but I have begun construction on the stand, just need to put sides/top on, and were set! I havent been able to work on it/post because alot of family has come in and were having sort of a reunion. I hope to have water in the system by the end of the month.
    I hope to post pics of the construction!

10. crappyballer

cool, cool i look forward to seeing the new pics. and what skimmer do you plan to run on your system

11. Kentanner11

Call me weird but none of the skimmers out there have "the one thing" that makes me buy them. This one has this, and that one doesnt, but that one has more of this. lol, So I am making a DIY skimmer out of a 5gal. H20 bottle. And also cause I have soo many pumps/powerheads, with venturi. and dont want to pay alot for a skimmer. lol!