Kent trio

Discussion in 'Water Chemistry' started by jcasmartino, Mar 18, 2014.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. jcasmartino

jcasmartino Astrea Snail

Hii guys
    I currently have a 29 gallon tank. About a month ago i added my first coral and right now i have a colt coral, a hairy mushroom and a lobophylia.
    At the lfs they suggested to start dosing the kent trio (Ca,Mg...)
    I am not too sure how much to add and which frequency.
    I am new to corals and so far everything looks good but i want them to be able to grow and look healthy.
    I also want to know whats the max of corals i should have on this tank size.

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

You need to test Ca/mag and alkalinity before you start using those products. If those values are within range for normal salt water than you will not add the product. If your values fall under normal range you'll add per directions on the bottles. Rinse and repeat. Always test prior to dosing. You'll get a feel for your tanks utilization.

Use the link below as your guide. Remember that Ca/Mag/alk levels play off each other. A low mag may cause Ca and alk values to become unstable.

Reef Aquarium Water Parameters by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

4. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Water changes should maintain your numbers with ease. One coral won't make any difference in your chemistry. As stated, test your numbers and adjust accordingly. Then test periodically and dose when necessary.

5. Singlefin

Singlefin Astrea Snail

Don't dose anything you aren't testing for. As stated, you won't need to dose anything with those corals. There isn't much limit on corals per tank size, like there is on fish. Some might not like to be placed next to each other.

6. jcasmartino

jcasmartino Astrea Snail

7. kstafford003

kstafford003 Feather Star

Just for a suggestion I just started using the red sea line. All three tests come in a nifty plastic box and they are very accurate.