KENT MARINE Superbuffer-dKH

Discussion in 'Product Review Archives' started by david, Jun 2, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

[quote author=GraviT link=board=Product;num=1054559060;start=0#9 date=10/07/04 at 20:45:20]
    I follow the instructions and mix it with glasses of fresh water and pour directly into the tank as needed.[/quote]

Why do you mix with freshwater Gravit? Is there a powder version? Mine is liquid and I just add a couple caps in the morning.

2. Click Here!

3. GraviT

GraviT Coral Banded Shrimp

Funny, I didn't know there was a liquid version! The stuff I use is a powder that mixes 1 tsp. to a glass of fresh water for each 20-30 gallons of tank capacity. I usually use 2 glasses at night, then check the alk and ph the next night. If it still needs to go up, I repeat the process. When I hit the mark, it stays there for 3 - 4 weeks before needing to add it again.

In my opinion, it's a great product and I don't hesitate to recommend it to others.

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Ahhh.. I didn't know there was a powder version! ;D
    Yeah, I like it too.

5. Dave_J

Dave_J Astrea Snail

Wow - my head is spinning.... When I bought my tank, my LFS gave me a 500g jar (powder - that was partially used, given to them by a reefer whom "packed up his tank to move") of Seachem's Buffer. I tried it and did not like the results - I overshot the 8.3 pH by "miles". After that BAD exeperience, you get what you pay for - and be leary of people giving stuff away! I switched over to KENT's super buffer dKH (the powder version. the liquid version is the same stuff disolved in H20 for those people who don't like to deal with powders). I like the results from the KENT product - just mix in a glass of water (16oz of RODI H20) and dump in the tank. In fact, I have been sticking to one manufacturer for all my additives - KENT. I had a bad experience with Seachem. I guess it comes down to whatever works for you.