Kent Garlic Xtreme

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by Siddique, Jan 12, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

So I have that product, kent Garlic Extreme. It's an attractant and Food supplement for marine fishes. I've only used it twice in a 72 hour period and now, although I think it's because I just used it, the water smells really "garlicky". Should I be worried and do a water change or will the bacteria take care of it? Is it advisable to keep using this product?

2. Click Here!

3. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

How do you use it? and how much? I also use it, but I add a drop or two to the food, then feed the fish. I've never had a garlic smell coming from my tank.

4. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

The first time I used it, I used two drops on the food and the second time I used it, about and hour ago, I followed the directions and added one drop per 10 gallons of water. Therefore, I added 5 drops.

5. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

Not to worry. Of course the tank will smell like garlic since you added it to the water. I have used garlic soaked food and my tank would have the oder. Nothing to be concerned about.

6. Petunia760

Petunia760 Astrea Snail

lol omg but this stuff smells!! And I love love garlic! I don't know how, or why, but a bottle of this stuff was opened at my partners work (Petco, also my hangout), and it stunk up the whole office for days!!

7. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Same happened with me. Except I work at the pet store.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm relieved;)

8. Click Here!

9. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

I would just add a drop or two to the food. I use garlic power though, instead of kents. My directions say to add only enough to saturate the food and then let the food sit for five minutes so the garlic can soak in.

It smells when I am using it, but after I add it to the tank and close the bottle, no more smell.

10. Vkkesu

Vkkesu Spaghetti Worm

I've been using garlic juice from the grocery store for about 6 years and it's MUCH cheaper !