Keeping the Temp down

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Jason McKenzie, Jun 5, 2003.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. NUGIO

NUGIO Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

not a bad idea Phil but i dont think my wife would let me punch holes in the wall 6 ft high but...................

2. Click Here!

3. Iceman30

Iceman30 Astrea Snail

If you do put chiller outside, no need to put it into a rubbermaid container, unless you want to. A chiller is only a copeland skid compressor and condenser with a pvc, titanium evaporator coil attached to it. It is the same skids that you see on top of the McDonalds outdoor coolers, you can make a cover for it for the sun, but instead of trying to vent a rubbermaid container, which means another fan, and one big enough to move about 350 CFM for a 1/3 hp chiller, just cut a square opening the size of the condenser fins outlet in one end and butt the chiller up to that end of the container, it will blow heat out, but remember what goes out has to come in so you will have to say drill holes in the other end and enough of them that equals the size of the condenser area, or it will overheat and put strain on the fan, cause it can't blow out what it can't suck in....mmmmmm bad decription but true.