keeping tank build threads on topic

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by steve wright, Apr 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

Is there a way to make the discussion in the Social Groups so that when there is a new post, it will show up under you subscriptions? I have to keep refreshing my page to know when somebody has posted something new.

2. Click Here!

3. Gboy66

Gboy66 Gigas Clam

I do my research, but thanks. :D

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Go into the discussion - note the 'Discussion Tools' pulldown at top of thread - subscribe to thread.

5. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I did that, I get the email notifications. When you subscribe to a thread on a forum, you can tell when there is a new post by simply clicking on "View Subscriptions" under the Action Panel. This does not happen for discussions in Social Groups, or at least not for me. I'm just brainstorming is all. Not trying to offend anybody. ;D

6. Gboy66

Gboy66 Gigas Clam

Also, on the app, is there a place where i can view subscriptions? I just view my latest topics!

7. tom.n.day

tom.n.day Eyelash Blennie

Amcarrig can you clarify please? You gave me the impression that conversation is not allowed in the bucket threads

8. Click Here!

9. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

It's hard to be really precise here but figure that good conversations say about sports or movies or other off topic subjects are fine but a thread that gets to 20 pages within a few hours and that has no real content besides "LOL" or other one word or non-substantative type posts are what we're trying to avoid.

1 person likes this.