kcbrad is in the hospital

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Robman, Jul 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

very good advice. i had a friend who was vegetarian and was in and out of the hospital with a different ailment but still stemming from lack of nutrient/electrolytes. he wound up seeing a nutritionist and within a week was on a better diet that kept his body in check. otherwise halfway through the week his body would crash and he'd have 0 energy to do anything. doctors couldnt figure out what was going on. a simple trip to a nutritionist (whom is also a vegetarian) cleared him right up.

KC i hope you get it all figured out and get back into the real world and out of those icky hospital environments!

2. Click Here!

3. swimswithsheep

swimswithsheep Flamingo Tongue

It may not hurt to see a nutritionist if the underlying problem is in fact nutrition-based. From what she has said (re: heart rate 130) though, sounds like the problem may be inherent in the wiring of the heart, in which case an medical doctor is needed.

Rule out the really bad stuff first at the hospital before thinking it could be as simple as a dietary modification fix. An extra serving of arugala isn't going to fix a cardiac conduction problem.

At any rate, feel better soon!

4. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Yeah, I have been vegetarian and extremely active, working out, etc. for as long as I can remember....let's say 15 years at least. So I don't think that is the problem.

I have been having some blood sugar issues recently, as in dropping too low. But I don't know.

Tomorrow I'm calling the cardiologist and hopefully we can get this all figured out. I finally slept last night - almost 11 hours!!!! For the previous 3 nights I had about 4 hours total.

1 person likes this.
  5. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Ahhh, sweet slumber, congrats, keeping it going in a good direction.

6. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Glad you got some sleep and hope something gets figured out soon! It's real good chatting with you again. But you need to get better and get home!

7. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Yay Sleep!! Sleep is the best thing ever :) Glad you were finally able to relax.

8. Click Here!

9. Dingo

Dingo Giant Squid

im happy your home kacy! and please get to the cardiologist asap!!!

p.s. lay off the morphine texting lol ;) some of your messages were pretty fun to unscramble haha

10. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

HAHAHAHAHA I was reading through those texts I sent you and I was cracking up!! I don't even know what I Was trying to say!! LOL But it was really important at the time. :)

1 person likes this.
  11. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

Hospitals are the worst place for a sick person to be, they just don't leave you alone to get the rest you need.

12. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I know they are doing good things for me, but barging in at 4am and turning on the bright fluorescent lights to take my blood for the millionth time was not too exciting. Especially when the person was horrible and practically performed mini surgery on my arm! :angry:

1 person likes this.