kcbrad is in the hospital

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Robman, Jul 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. reefmonkey

reefmonkey Giant Squid

Glad you have some idea what's happening now. Sorry to hear that it's what it is. I know how much you didn't want it to be that. Just take it easy for a bit and do what the people in the white smocks tell ya to do. :)

1 person likes this.
  2. Click Here!

3. elweshomayor

elweshomayor Giant Squid

well, 2-5 years isnt as much as you think :) they will go flying if you put all yourself into recovery.
    You are still very young KC.. You have all your life ahead of you. So now you just have to put your mind and body to work with you. I know its not easy. Ive been and my sister have been through tough times aswell.

All I can really tell you KC at this point and ive already said it but here it is again.
    You have got to put all your self into your recovery, you need to want it more than anything else and never give up. Even if you dont see a light at the end of the tunel. You got to persist and keep going.;) its the only way.

4. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

Look at it like this, 2-5 is better then the rest of your life! And a postive out look can change things for the better. Be the "kitty on the branch" ;D

Otherwise I would invest in a PS3 and get your gaming on! they never need to get up, plus I am pretty sure they have chairs that have fridge and speaker in them.... just a thought!

Seriously I wish the best for you, and remember it goes the other way too! Life is circular...

5. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Thanks everybody!! The support is really helpful. Glad to know I have a venting place on here.

3 people like this.
  6. Gresham

Gresham Great Blue Whale

Not only do you have a place, you know you can email/FaceBook a lot of us too if you even need support :) Heck if you were closer I'd offer to help care for your tank :)

I have no doubt you be one of the 50%'ers that recovers and I don't doubt it will take as long as 5 years :) I've had 2 friends make full recoveries from accidents that "left them paralyzed for life" according to Western Doctors :) It's amazing how powerful the mind really is :)

1 person likes this.
  7. bama

bama Humpback Whale

KC I am so sorry to read this news. I have really missed you around here. I think this will blow over much sooner than you think. I have high hopes.

8. Click Here!

9. SkyFire

SkyFire Clown Trigger

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis. But remember the doc's time estimate is an approximation and/ or average (they do have to CTA "T" for their instead of Y ;) ) so if you put your mind to it you can be the 50% and do it record time.

10. homegrowncorals

homegrowncorals Ribbon Eel

My step dad had a bout with a really high hart rate a few years ago, and they had to zap his hart 2 times to bring it back down to a reg. beat. hes doing OK these days but has a bunch of pills hes has to take all the time now. i hope at your age it all clears up on its own for you .

11. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Well I just got back from the doctor. There is a small chance I may have a blood clot in my right leg from being in the hospital and stuck in bed. Because it is Saturday there wasn't anyone to do an ultrasound, but I did get a blood test done, called a D-Dimer. Not the best way to diagnose, but it is helpful. I will have the results of that tomorrow. Depending on the results, or how else I feel tonight, I may have to go back to the ER. Please, no!!!

My poor arm had to have another blood draw today. The bruises from the hospital still aren't healed :(

12. Ultraner

Ultraner Purple Spiny Lobster

Sorry to hear Kacey, hopefully those results come back and your in the clear. I cant stand having an IV in my arm so I could imagine how sore you must be from all those needles :(