KashouB's 60 Gallon Cube Build

Discussion in 'I made this!' started by Kashoub, Aug 27, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Kashoub

Kashoub Feather Duster

What'd you guys think?

2. Click Here!

3. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

You might want the baffles in sets of 3, instead of sets of 2. Add another one to the bottom before the one that goes from the top.

4. LoJack

LoJack Sea Dragon

+1 on the 3 part baffles, removes more microbubbles.

So far things look pretty good. And on the lighting front, I'd do a halide setup instead of T-5. You could go with just a single pendant over a tank this size.

5. Kashoub

Kashoub Feather Duster

OK. Now question. On the sump the panels i got are like 1/144 of an inch off. lol. So they don't sit exactly straight. is that ok? like they're angled a little bit, but the job gets done none-the-less. Still ok?

LoL...dude i'm faaaaaar away from the lighting. i still gotta get the stand, canopy, and sump built and the plumping done before i worry about lighting.

6. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

The panels being off a tad won't hurt. Just use enough silicone to keep them in place.

7. LoJack

LoJack Sea Dragon

You might not be ready to hang your lighting ... but its not too early to start thinking about options. Planning is the key.

8. Click Here!

9. zjpeter

zjpeter Ritteri Anemone

you took a picture of the shopping cart! awesome, i know that we love pictures, but that's a bit too much. lol. Luna isn't that serious is he?

10. Kashoub

Kashoub Feather Duster

Haha. See the question i'll ask you is...Why not take a picture of the shopping cart? Haha. I dno, figured you guys would appreciate it. :p Anyhow...

Lighting. Yes, never to early to plan. But I'm so busy thinking about how my overflows are gonna work I haven't even begin thinking about lights. I know that one overflow will have teeth so the water can fall, but the other one what do i do with? Make it higher than the drop flow and cut a small hole to run the water back into the tank?

11. tatted4ever

tatted4ever Clown Trigger

You drilled two holes in your tank for overflows... and your not completely sure on your overflows? :confused:

12. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

+1 on that. Never do anything that you cannot reverse if you are unsure of something. You should have made an overflow in the back center. Then cut two holes in the back left and right about 5 inches below the water line. That way everything is symmetrical and water is removed from three sides instead of one. The two out puts on the left and right will allow you to place two "nozzles" to direct flow as if it is a nano/bio cube.

I hope everything works out or else you may be finding yourself not being happy with the tank or buying a new one.