Kalkwasser or Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime?

Discussion in '3reef Site Polls' started by Matt Rogers, Jan 4, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

Kalkwasser or Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime?

1. Kalkwasser

29.2%
  2. Mrs. Wages Pickling Lime

70.8%
  1. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

It is seasonal with some areas But almost any horticulture /flower or gardening shop would have it I'm sure may cost a tad more ? maybe Wal Mart or K mart would even have it ?

2. Click Here!

3. reef_guru

reef_guru Humpback Whale

tang: you mentioned purity based off of manufacturer. which is exactly my point. do you know the purity level of mrs. wages vs (esv or seachem or little fishies or others). im curious to know your results. maybe mrs. wages has less concentrated CaHO2 by volume than others.

you get what you pay for, or so im told.

4. Tangster

Tangster 3reef Sponsor

LOL yes I just saw it this very moring somewhere in the folders I have scattered between two computers here and on I can now tap from home .. I'll find it LOL Seems to be The Old Ball's canning brand and The Ms. wages where at 97% ? I'll look and poke around The Balls now gone was a much finner powder then the wages or more like the Hydrated plant lime.. very powdery ..One day I'll get all my folders fixed up LOL hell I have boxes of notes to be used from the old pen and paper days LOL Back when we used candles to see the tanks.. Oil lamps where to risky :)