=Jwin= and Triplemom's Custom Bowfront Canopy Video Submission

Discussion in '3reef 's DIY Video Contest!' started by =Jwin=, Jul 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. sean_p_f

sean_p_f Sea Dragon

so i was thinking today at work if you win who gets the prize mom or son.....

2. Click Here!

3. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

His really enjoyed shop in school (not Spanish, and definitely not history). ;) He's the only one of my three boys allowed around power tools! The other two are "ER prone." And nitpicking is one of my talents! :)

Let's see, I funded the project, bought the table saw that he just "had to have," provide food, a roof over his head, pay for his cell phone, just paid for his car repair, am paying his college tuition.......dare we take a poll? :p Not to mention that poor old decrepit mom had to buy 11 gallons of RO water today and lug it in the house all by herself because Jwin is off hiking!

4. bioreefdude

bioreefdude Fu Manchu Lion Fish

thanks that canopy was awesome !!!!

1 person likes this.
  5. Robman

Robman Great White Shark

Great design!!! Hey Triplemom, will you buy me one of those tablesaws too?????

1 person likes this.
  6. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Very awesome job. Looks great!

1 person likes this.
  7. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

nice vid. and good tabel saw purchace. I have the same one I use for my construction company and so far has done well for me. Your son has some great building skills and he needs to teach my crew how to go into chipmunk mode. good luck on the entry

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

Awesome video and good job on the canopy. Looks really nice. I especially like how the whole front opens. The canopy on my 98 just has two little sections that open... of course there is a brace in the middle so it wouldn't help too much but it would still be nice.

1 person likes this.
  10. Triplemom

Oh, sure! :p

11. omgiv

omgiv Coral Banded Shrimp

Awesome video and great build!!!! I was wondering how you did your lights. I was thinking about building a canopy for my 55. My lights are too close to my tank to do anything, so I have to take them off for water changes and maintenance. I would love to have a canopy though to hide the light bleed. Do you have any pictures of how yours are mounted? Thanks and good luck!!!!

Regards,
    Ivy

1 person likes this.
  12. Triplemom

If you look on page 2 of this thread, I put up a picture yesterday with the top hinged up. We took the legs off the T5 light fixture and just slid it over the horizontal piece of wood on each side. I think Jwin did that part pretty early in the video, or he can probably explain it better himself. We have a cutout in the egg crate in the back on the left, where I was able to feed the cord through and can also reach back there to control the lights.