Just some random pics. Image intense.

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by JustPhish, Nov 3, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. JustPhish

JustPhish Peppermint Shrimp

Been so long since I have really taken any pictures I figured I might as well get a few up. Some pics below of just a few of the inhabitants of my 180. Image intense. Beware.

Some are blurry. Some came out ok I guess. Like I said, been a while since I took tank pics.

I have a mated pair of banggais from ORA. They were leftovers that I hadn't sold so I figured why not just toss them in my own tank. I did and lucky for me they paired up. This is an old picture, but you get the idea.
    [​IMG]

Just one arm of what's sold to me as a bubble tip brittle star. Cool stars though, they get very large.
    [​IMG]

Of course the obligatory pair of cleaner shrimp.
    [​IMG]

Like peas and carrots!
    [​IMG]

Almost freaking impossible to get a picture of this fish swimming upright. It always seems to want to go sideways to slip into a crevice.
    [​IMG]

My female gold stripe. I need to get her a mate some day. The anemone makes her look small but she's a big girl! That anemone has split into 4 clones in just the past couple months. All hanging out on the same rock together.
    [​IMG]

Such a shame this fish is so scared of everything. Guests to the house would never know I had one unless they hid behind some furniture and waited for it to come out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some mushrooms that seem to be spreading like wildfire. Some higher K lighting on these and they look radioactive.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I believe these to be a mated pair. A shame they usually come out over exposed with the flash, but impossible to photograph them any other way.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A rescue from someone who could no longer care for it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another incredibly shy fish.
    [​IMG]

Fast mover, can't get a good picture.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. JustPhish

grrrr I really hate what this site does to pics.

4. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

What setup are you uing to take these pics??? Camera, lens..etc
    There Increidable!

5. JustPhish

The camera is a Sony DSC F828 out of the box. I do have macro lenses I bought off ebay but I have never used them and to be honest don't think I could find them now if I wanted to. I have always been very happy with the sony line. My first was a F505v.

Some of the pics I did use the Sony hot shoe flash so I could take the pics straight on to the glass and not worry about the flashback reflection.

Thanks for the kudos.

6. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Hey JP. How long have you had the hippo? I ask because we've "rescued" Tom's very skittish hippo and we were hoping that the fish would eventually stop being so shy. We might not be that lucky though? The fish is only about the size of a silver dollar at the moment.

Oh, and nice pictures by the way :) I'd love to have that mated pair of firefish!

7. JustPhish

I've had the hippo for probably a year or maybe a little more by now. When I put it in the tank it was only about an inch. It's now around just shy of 5 inches or so. Always was skittish, I think it will always be skittish.

8. Click Here!

9. JustPhish

10. turbo4603

turbo4603 Teardrop Maxima Clam

Very nice, thanks for the info!

11. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

If anybody is interested in seeing these photos in their full sized glory, just click on the indvidual photo. In the meantime, I'll ask Matt if photo resizing on this site is something that can be fixed. :)

12. JustPhish

Ah I didn't know if you clicked you could see the original image. That's much better.